Faculty candidates at Lehigh University often come with a partner who is a talented and skilled professional who is also looking for work in the Lehigh Valley. In many cases, finding a suitable career for a spouse/partner is a determining factor in the decision to accept and stay in a position at Lehigh University.
Life & DC Connect offers a diverse range of resources to meet the needs of recently hired faculty and their accompanying spouse/partners. We do not guarantee employment, but we will provide personal assistance in the job search process with the following services and resources:
- Job search assistance
- Dual Career identification for Lehigh positions
- Assistance with CV/resume writing, cover-letter preparation and interview coaching.
- Assistance identifying employment opportunities both inside and outside Lehigh University.
- Sharing networking opportunities with hiring entities at Lehigh University and area employers.
Who is eligible?
- Spouse/Partners of newly hired tenure track faculty
Who do I contact?
Partners/spouses of newly hired faculty, and current faculty may contact the Faculty Dual Career Assistance Program:
How does it work?
After sending an email or calling the Project Manager an initial appointment will be scheduled either in person or via telephone. This personal conversation includes:
- An overview of services and resources available
- Review of work history
- Industry and job function preferences
Following the meeting an action plan is developed to meet the spouse/partner's individual career needs and any other concerns or areas that we are able to provide assistance with.
* The Dual Career Assistance Program does not create entitlement. While Lehigh presents a number of strategies to address the dual career issue, the university cannot guarantee placement for faculty partners and spouses.